January 30, 2008

Goodbye Ontario!

Recently, I made the decision to move to British Columbia. I'm flying out there, with my dogs, on February 1.

A whole lot of things have happened recently in my life that point to this being the right thing to do. Surprisingly, very little of it has to do with the Ontario law. Mostly, it's what I've wanted to do for a long time (long before Bryant and company) and now's the right time.

To put it simply, I'm just going out there to see what happens. Nothing more. Nothing less.

My e-mail address will definitely change, but I'm not sure to what. For now, I can be contacted at blog01 @ chicobandido.com (no spaces).

I will continue this blog, as well as some other websites I'm working on, and I will absolutely continue to fight breed-specific legislation in Ontario and in the rest of Canada.

Steve

-- END --


5 comments:

Mac`s Gang said...

Take me with you.

Good luck with your adventure.
I know life will certainly be better for your dogs.

I`ll keep checking back in for more great posts.

I just linked back to that great one
"We can spend your money..."
again.

Enjoy BC.

Social Mange said...

An adventure!!! We all wish you the best in this next stage of your life, and hope that you and your dogs enjoy walking muzzle-free...perhaps you can continue the therapy dog training that was interrupted by the Ontario Fibs' unfounded, unjust, vague and shoddy law motivated by career ambition.
Travel safe, live well!! And keep blogging!!

Caveat said...

"I will absolutely continue to fight breed-specific legislation in Ontario and in the rest of Canada."

I'm glad you understand this. When you enlisted in this war you grasped that there's no retreat and no surrender.

Hope you guys have a boring flight and that the freedom in BC won't be too much of a culture shock. The paranoia from living in this evil province will probably stay with you for awhile, so don't be surprised by that.

Best of luck, kiddo, looking forward to hearing all about it.

Selma

Joan Sinden said...

I think you're heading in the wrong direction - if you're looking for shangri-la (for dogs AND humans) it's on the East Coast!

Fran Coughlin said...

Good luck in BC it's gain IS truly Ontario's loss.

Fresh mountain and ocean air, Puppy's running free, no matter what they look like. Wait... take US with you.

 
The opinions expressed on this page and on this website are those of the author and are not necessarily the opinions of any organization for which the author may work or volunteer.
 
Permission to duplicate, forward, or crosspost text from this page is granted only if the duplicated, forwarded, or crossposted text credits this blog and includes a link to the original article (the URL at the bottom of each article).
 
© Copyright 2007 Steve Barker